Manhattan, the island at the center of New York City, is alive with all its culture, bustles with busy lives, amid the business of the big city. For tourists and new arrivals, it seems a world of wonder, and that is not far off, even if you were born and raised here but you also know, have grown up seeing the hard work that goes into maintaining the buildings of this great city. Scaffolding along the streets nearly a ubiquitous as waves on the beaches of Long Island. True New Yorkers wouldn’t have it any other way. Royal Renovators Roofing Contractors is proud to play a part in the upkeep and constant upgrading of your great city. We know we play a vital role in the city with our NYC based roofing services.
We invite you to call or visit today at:
Royal Roofing & Siding NYC 330 East 38th Street New York, NY 10016 (212) 457-1331
Flat Roof Installation & Repair
- Flat roofing is very NYC, from movie scenes to songs about dreams hatched ‘up on the roof,” flat exteriors are a way of life here.
- We all know that they have to be maintained and waterproofed so they don’t leak and destroy the integrity of the building as well as the possessions of the tenant and residents.
- Royal Renovators at NYC’s Top Rated Local® Contractor for many reasons.
- We do tear-off and layovers as well as waterproofing, installation of new roofing and repairs on existing exteriors.
- We do pitched roofs too, including asphalt, slate and clay tiles.
- We use only the best materials such as GAF tiles, with impressive warranties.
Custom & Seamless Gutters
- We can replace your old, leaky gutter system with a new, seamless gutter system.
- Seamless gutter systems look great, but the lack of seams also minimizes the possibilities of leaks.
- We use invisible fasteners so the sleek look of seamlessness is not interrupted.
Brick Work and Cement
- When the grout of your brick work starts to show wear, call Royal Renovators your roof repair in Long Island and have us come to repair it.
- Faulty grout in brickwork can lead to bigger problems including leaks that can cause substantial structural damage as well as liability for tenant’s possessions.
- Timely upkeep of brickwork is an important maintenance duty for owners of brick buildings.
- It is also important to do upkeep of your cement sidewalks and driveways.
- Passersby, as well as tenants and customers, need to be able to move on the exterior of your building in safely.
- Cracks that develop from water seeping into small cracks, and expanding and contracting with freezing temperature, can cause dangerous situations for people and raise your liability.
- Call us out to do repair and upkeep and stay safe!
- Windows are an integral part of your insulation plan for a building or home.
- Up to ⅓ of a home or commercial businesses energy losses can occur through energy inefficient windows.
- New windows help keep the in the cool air in summer and the warm air in the winter.
- New windows also increase the value of your home or business, and as such are always a good investment.
Other services include chimney repair, fascia, flashing and installation of new siding on homes and businesses. Call Royal Renovators today and get the Royal NYC Roofing Treatment.
Why Is Flat Roofing So Popular In Manhattan?
Flat roofing in the borough of Manhattan is the roof material of choice in Manhattan because the majority of the structures in the Big Apple are apartment buildings. Larger buildings benefit off flat roofing due to its ease of installation, low cost and extra layers of protection. Although sloped roofing may look nicer to the eye, it cannot compare to flat roofing in terms of protection and cost.
The Real Advantages Of Flat Roof Exteriors
When most of us think about rooftops, we tend to think of the classic A frames that shed water well and make up the majority of residential homes. Although A frames are a sensible roofing style, they’re not the only kind in existence. There’s also the style we see on top of skyscrapers, apartments, and other tall buildings. This kind, known as flat roofing, is another important style of roof with a lot of benefits.
Here are a couple of the benefits, as well as one disadvantage you may want to think about before deciding on a roofing style for your building.
Perhaps one of the top considerations for many building owners, the cost of a flat roof is much cheaper than a standard pitched roof. This is in part due to labor costs—it’s much safer for workers to walk around on a flat surface, and with higher safety comes reduced labor and insurance costs.
Roofing material for flat roofs are sometimes hard to come by. Do your research before deciding on this style to make sure there is plenty of roofing material available in your area.
It provides more living space
One of the best features of flat roofing is the ability to turn it in usable living space for residence of apartments and other large buildings. With pitched roofing, it’s not safe or enjoyable to spend any length of time on, but with flat roofing it can be turned into a comfortable location with a spectacular view.
Some roofing companies are even taking flat roofing to the next level, adding greenery to the roof to help absorb heat, keeping the building cooler in summer, insulated in winter, and also reducing pollutants and greenhouse gases all at the same time.
Pitched roofs can’t support these living structures quite as well, making them less desirable for those seeking relief from air pollution and global warming.
You may have more problem with drainage
Although flat roofing has plenty of benefits, they also have drawbacks, just like everything else. The biggest drawback associated with flat roofs is lack of drainage. Because the roof is flat, water doesn’t run off like it would on a pitched roof. That means puddles of water can form, and if not handled properly, it can lead to damage of the roof.
Luckily, there are plenty of solutions to this drainage issue. Gutters can chanel water safely, and interior drainage is also an option. Interior drainage works the same way your shower or sink does, using pipes to safely drain the water away.
If green roofing is utilized, the plants also work to help with drainage, preserving the roof by absorbing water and protecting the roofing from damage.
Flat roofing is a versatile option for buildings of every size, and is worth considering for your building. If you’re deciding on a roofing style for your new building, flat roofing is a sensible option that is both cost effective and also efficient.